Supporting Volunteers to thrive
As a youth movement, we believe in creating a safe space where young people are valued, safe and happy. To ensure this, Urban Saints has a thorough safer recruitment process which includes completing disclosure checks and taking references. If you are thinking of Volunteering, these pages will explain everything that is involved.
Who are we?
Welcome to the Volunteer Support Team! If you are Volunteering with Urban Saints, or thinking about becoming one of our amazing Camps or Groups, then we are the people who will sort out all your Safer Recruitment Checks and ensure you are fully equipped for your role.
John Rose - Senior Administrator
Sophie Harris-Blount - Administrator
Camps and Groups may be assigned to a particular member of the Team who will be your point of contact for all questions or enquiries, however you can always contact any member of the team by emailing Volunteersupport@urbansaints.org.
What does the process look like?
Every Volunteer who is involved with Urban Saints must go through our Safer Recruitment process. Depending on the role you are applying to do, you may be required to complete:
- A disclosure check - depending where you are Volunteering in the UK there are different checks which you will need to complete:
- Access NI (Northern Ireland).
- DBS Check (England and Wales)
- PVG Check (Scotland)
- References - we ask for you to provide the details of two people who can provide references for you.
- Training - you may be asked to complete specific training relating to your role (such as safeguarding, health & safety, GDPR, safer recruitment etc.)
Urban Saints takes the recruitment of Volunteers seriously, as part of our wider policy on Safeguarding Children and Young People. With this in mind we require all Volunteers to complete new disclosure checks, references and training at least every three years.