Will you pray with us?
Paul wrote in Philippians, 'In everything by Prayer'. There are impossible challenges in our country and we need God to act more than anything. Every day our teams pray together asking God to bless our Groups, volunteers and young people. We believe we can reach a generation of young people, thanks to your prayers, so please join in.
Will you join us at the end of October and be part of our 24/2 Prayer event?
Find out more
Praying every day
Pray For Change is the Urban Saints prayer diary, with daily prayer topics from across the network. This is available as a handy A5 booklet, delivered straight to your door twice a year, ready for you to play your part.
Sign up to receive Pray For Change
Pray For Change is also available as:
Monthly prayer updates
The Urban Saints Support Centre sends out a monthly prayer email featuring the latest prayer needs, praise items and requests. By signing up to this, you'll become one of our most vital team members - responding to the immediate needs of the team and the wider organisation. We also send out urgent prayer requests when needed this way too. Sign up and select 'Pray With US' from the list provided.
"We are more than conquerors"
Being an 'Urban Saint' means prayer is essential and we seek to pray together regularly asking God to bless our Groups, volunteers and young people as well as the ministries of other youth organisations around the UK. We are passionate about inviting God into everything we do and we don’t want to achieve anything without God getting the glory. We can reach a generation of young people, thanks to your prayers, so please join in.
Anyone can join in with this and we encourage you to take part - wherever you are based and however you are connected to Urban Saints.
Thank you so much for supporting us in this way!
More Than Conquerors
Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? As it is written:
“For your sake we face death all day long; we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.”
No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 8:35-39 New International Version (NIV)
We have put together some key requests for prayer and would encourage you to join with us in praying for the young people across the United Kingdom and Ireland and for our ongoing ministry.
- Give thanks for the Gospel message.
- Give thanks for Albert Kestin’s vision and the mission-focused pioneers in the early years.
- Give thanks for how God has blessed Crusaders/Urban Saints, especially through dedicated leaders – giving glory to God.
- Give thanks that God is still using Urban Saints after 120 years to reach out to children and young people.
- Pray for the children and young people we would usually be connecting with – that they will be built up in the current situation, adapting to being back at school and getting used to new ways of working; pray for their health and wellbeing. Pray for the young people who are unsettled by the extraordinary circumstances we are living in and that we can still find ways to help our volunteers to inspire hope.
- Pray for the volunteer leaders and helpers in our Groups; give thanks for those who maintained contact this year either digitally or in other ways, and pray for those Groups where this was not possible.
- Pray for continuing follow up of the children and young people who have not been in contact recently to avoid them falling away.
- Pray for protection upon all our volunteers and staff. Urban Saints is about people of all ages and all stages of life, so let’s pray for the safety of everyone who is a part of the Urban Saints movement.
- Ask the Lord to send the coronavirus away swiftly.
- Pray for the wider Urban Saints ministry areas: Camps (including Sprees), Westbrook, Overseas, Additional Needs and Energize as they explore what ministry looks like throughout the next year.
- Pray for inspiration and wisdom as we explore different ways to continue the discipleship of young people, even when face to face contact may be limited.