Will you pray with us?
Paul wrote in Philippians, 'In everything by Prayer'. There are impossible challenges in our country and we need God to act more than anything. Every day our teams pray together asking God to bless our Groups, volunteers and young people. We believe we can reach a generation of young people, thanks to your prayers, so please join in.
What's your 'one thing' for young people?
We'd love you to join us in praying for young people during this challenging season. Create or find a picture that sums up the word - write the word on a bit of paper or card, draw or paint something, take a photo or find a GIF or meme. Share it on your social media pages using the hashtag #prayonething, and/or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are some examples that others have shared:
We have put together some key requests for prayer and would encourage you to join with us in praying for the young people across the United Kingdom and Ireland and for our ongoing ministry.
- Give thanks for the Gospel message.
- Give thanks for how God has blessed Crusaders/Urban Saints, especially through dedicated leaders – giving glory to God.
- Give thanks for Albert Kestin’s vision and that God is still using Urban Saints after 121 years to reach out to children and young people. This year will be our 115th ‘official’ birthday, and our 121st anniversary of the first Group.
- Give thanks for the appointment of our new Chief Mission Officer – Anthony Horton (Ant). He will be joining Urban Saints on Monday 14th June. Please pray for clarity of vision for him and that he will listen well both to God and to those around him.
- Pray for wisdom for those who, following Government guidelines, will be making decisions over the next few weeks about when it will be safe for Groups to resume meeting face to face.
- As lockdown measures are eased during the next weeks and months, please pray for the children and young people in our Groups across the regions and nations. Pray for them as they adapt to returning to school and make an adjustment to new ways of working. Pray that the regular Covid-19 testing in schools goes well.
- Pray for the ongoing impact of the pandemic on children and young people; impact that is already seen and known and impact that has not yet been realised.
- Pray for our volunteer Leaders as they continue the discipleship of the children and young people in their Groups. Give thanks for those Leaders who managed to maintain contact throughout lockdown, either face to face when appropriate, or by Zoom, or doorstep drop-offs. Pray for those Leaders who were unable to stay in touch, and that momentum to meet again would quickly and easily resume. Pray for follow up of the children and young people who have not been in touch recently or who have come to feel disillusioned, to avoid them stepping away.
- Pray for protection upon all our volunteers and staff. Urban Saints is about people of all ages and all stages of life, so let us pray for the safety of everyone who is a part of the Urban Saints movement.
- Ask the Lord to send the coronavirus away swiftly.
- Pray for the wider Urban Saints ministry areas: Camps (including Sprees), Westbrook, Additional Needs and Energize.
- Following recent government guidance, we (staff team and volunteer leaders) are cautiously optimistic and preparing to run some face-to-face Camps this summer, whilst also planning online Camps at Easter in Ireland. Sadly it will not be possible to run Spree weekends and we are aware that plans may need to evolve over coming months to ensure we are fully compliant with guidance provided. Please pray for an abundance of wisdom, clear-thinking, strength and that we are guided by God throughout this period.
- Pray for the Westbrook staff as they cautiously and tentatively prepare for a summer holiday programme with young people and leaders in residence.
- Pray for the Additional Needs Ministry as in-building training and events start to be planned alongside online provision. Please pray that in offering both options going forward we will be able to meet the training and events needs of everyone and that through this provision more children and young people with additional needs will be included and truly belong.
- Give thanks for all our existing Energize subscribers and pray that the materials will help them run safe and engaging sessions as they start to meet face-to-face. Pray that those who needed to pause or cancel their subscriptions will be in a position to resume and that we see the number of new subscriptions start to increase.
If, when you are praying, you feel God is speaking to you, please encourage us by letting us know. Email email@example.com