At the start of the month, Energize hosted a day of feedback, sharing ideas and listening to users & contributors of our fantastic online resource.
We had a wonderful, energetic day where we dreamed big, shared vision for what Energize could become and listened to feedback from those who view Energize as a vital tool in their ministry.
One enormous white board could not contain the vibrant ideas thoughts and suggestions by those in the room, and the team now have some fresh approaches to improving the resources we offer youth leaders across the UK and beyond.
Lighthouse Urban Saints
Our first new Group planted in Edinburgh celebrated its first birthday this month!
For a year our wonderful leaders have been meeting local young people, and taking them on a journey exploring questions of life and faith.
The highlight for many of the young people was the Glow Party we had in place of Halloween; we celebrated the Light of the World and what it means to be light to others. We had glow stick 10 Pin Bowling and Glow Ring Toss which the group enjoyed very much.
We asked some of the young people what they thought of the Group:
- "We've learned that God will forgive you no matter what, even if you don't think you should be forgiven"
- "[The leaders] can be really fun and they are really kind all of the time. They give us really fun tasks and they can be crazy and mad sometimes but that's what makes them very special"
- "[A leader] made me feel like this is home"
- "They help you a lot if you're struggling"
- "[God] will accept everyone if they give him a chance"
- "[The leaders] make it feel like home & safe"
Praise God for leaders who choose to spend their time listening to young people and their dedication to discipleship with the next generation!
The responses from these young people are echoed in youth groups across Scotland and the UK; this is our motivation, and we thank God for the opportunities we have to speak into young lives for Jesus.