The annual national Volunteers' Week runs from Tuesday 1st to Monday 7th June.
Urban Saints is a movement of volunteers making a difference in the lives of children and young people, far and wide and in every imaginable setting. We are nothing without people like you who give their time and energy to run Groups, help on Camps and Overseas Adventures as well as playing their part in the day-to-day running of the movement. This pandemic has been especially challenging for our volunteers, with most having to dig even deeper to continue serving in this way. Many have had to cope with last minute changes of plan and been required to re-learn what is required in their roles.
If you are already one of these volunteers, we are so grateful to you and so encouraged by what you bring to the mission. If you are not yet a volunteer, we are always on the look out for more people to play their part. We believe you can make a difference so do consider if you are being called to get involved.
We're going to be marking Volunteers' Week (starting 1st June) by highlighting some examples of the great work done by volunteers and sharing their reasons behind why they choose to volunteer with Urban Saints. If you know one of our volunteers and you want to encourage and acknowledge them publicly, why not get in touch and we can help tell their story and share it with the rest of the Urban Saints' movement.
Here are some other ways you can celebrate Volunteers' Week with Urban Saints:
- Thanks: If you know a volunteer - perhaps you have a team of them as part of an Urban Saints Group or Camp - why not send them something to say thank-you? Even something as simple as a card can make a massive difference. Be specific if you can - tell them why they are so valued and the difference they are making.
- Public: Why not go a step further and share something encouraging about an Urban Saints' volunteer on social media? We'd love to see those too so do be sure to tag us in to any posts so we can pass them on to others in Urban Saints.
- Why: If you are a volunteer with Urban Saints yourself, would you be willing to tell us why you personally choose to volunteer? It could be written or even recorded as a video - perhaps even shared on your social media. If you are worried about how to put it into words, get in touch and we can help you share your experiences.
- Volunteer: What better time to start volunteering than in national Volunteers' Week?! Our volunteering page focuses mainly on becoming a local Group leader or volunteer - and we're looking for as many of those as we can find - but there are opportunities to share your skills across the movement. Get in touch and we can help connect you with the right opportunity for you - or contact the particular ministry you are most interested to find out how you can help.
- Support: If volunteering really isn't for you, you can still help us ensure that our volunteers have everything they need to fulfil their roles with Urban Saints. Why not stand with us in prayer or commit to give regularly to keep all our volunteers fully supported?
What else can you think of that would show our movement of volunteers that you really appreciate who they are and what they do?
Keep a look out for more on Volunteers' Week between 1st and 7th June!