2020 Camps Update

1st May 2020

Following the initial Government announcement on Monday 23rd March, when the Prime Minister called on us all to suspend all social activities and stay at home wherever possible, we have been continually reviewing which activities should run and which need to be postponed. 

Making decisions on Camps that run later in the summer is difficult given the short-term nature of current government guidance and changing nature of this situation. Therefore, we have made the difficult decision to cancel some of our Camps now whilst deferring a decision on the remainder of the summer camps programme for review in the coming weeks.


Why cancel a Camp and when are such decisions made?

There are many factors which impact the decision to cancel a Camp. The safety of all those on our Camps is of paramount importance. We would cancel any Camp if Government advice directly required it or if Urban Saints’ assessment of the situation was that it was not safe to run (this could be for a number of reasons).  The timing of the decision to cancel a Camp is also influenced by many factors, for example, location and availability of a site, contracts, financial considerations, booking numbers, travel restrictions and team availability.


Which 2020 Camps are cancelled?

Having liaised closely with the Leadership of each Camp, we have sadly had to make the decision to cancel some of our summer programme - please click here for a list of which Camps have been cancelled.

For the remaining Camps, we will not make a decision until further Government guidance is available. We will provide another update by the middle of May 2020.

Please note that when Urban Saints cancel a Camp, a full refund will be provided.


We are are exploring innovative ways to create virtual adventures this summer and will give further details when more information is available. 

God Bless
Lou Bailey

Impact Team Leader - Camps