"We are more than conquerors" - an urgent call to unite in prayer against the coronavirus...
We are asking Urban Saints, Crusaders, our friends and supporters to join together to pray for our country and especially for young people everywhere.
It is with great regret that today we have announced the suspension of all our Groups and the cancellation of Camps at Easter and during the May half term. This is the first time since World War II that we have had to suspend our face to face meetings, therefore this is a time that requires a profound prayer response from Christians everywhere.
We are hearing daily of the huge health and social consequences the coronavirus outbreak is having across the UK, Ireland, and around the world. In fact, many of us will be confronting the challenge of no longer being able meet and worship together face to face; so, in response let us take a united stand in prayer together.
We are not victims of isolation but prayer warriors for the Kingdom.
More Than Conquerors
Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? As it is written:
“For your sake we face death all day long; we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.”
No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 8:35-39 New International Version (NIV)
We have put together some key requests for prayer and I would encourage you to join with us in praying for the young people across the United Kingdom and Ireland and for our ongoing ministry.
- Pray for the young people who will be unsettled by these extraordinary circumstances and that we can still find ways to help our volunteers to inspire hope in young people.
- Pray for everyone’s health and safety. Urban Saints is about people of all ages and all stages of life, so let’s pray for everyone who is a part of the Urban Saints movement.
- Pray for those who are confined to places that for whatever reason are not safe to be (places of violence, neglect, poverty).
- Ask the Lord to send the coronavirus away swiftly.
- Pray against people’s fears and panic, and that we will be a strong Christian witness because of our confidence in Jesus.
- Pray for protection upon all our volunteers and staff as they seek creative ways to continue to provide ministry to a generation of young people, especially at this time.
- Pray for wisdom in how to effectively disciple our young people under these exceptional circumstances. Pray as we explore online and other methods of doing so safely.
We will continue to encourage and seek prayer cover over the next few weeks and months.
Thank you as always for your prayers.
CEO, Urban Saints