It’s games galore on Urban Saints Camps, so we’ve challenged ourselves to come up with an A-Z of Urban Saints Camps!
- ADVENTURE! There are so many adventures ahead on our 2020 Camps
- BIBLE. On every Camp there’s chance to understand how the message of the Bible is relevant for life in 2020
- CUSTARD PIE! Yup, there are messy moments on some Urban Saints’ Camps – just part of the incredibly creative games our teams dream up
- DISCO. What better way to finish the day than a silent disco with your friends?!
- EXPERIENCE. On an Urban Saints Camp you’ll have loads of opportunities to jump out of your comfort zone and try out new experiences
- FANCY DRESS. We’re not entirely sure why, but the photographic evidence suggests that fancy dress happens quite a bit!
- GUNGING. Rumour has it one or two leaders have obtained degrees in ‘how to build a gunge tank’. There are some first class ones around our sites!
- HUNT THE LEADER. Definition: A game where leaders dress up and hide around the local town or area. Would you notice these folk whilst you were doing your weekly shop?!
- INFLATABLES. Will it be a bouncy castle, slide, jousting poles, wrecking ball or bungee run at your Spree this year?
- JENGA. Will the tower topple? How high can it get? Games are great opportunities to get to know one another and make new friends.
- KALOS. An awesome Camp in Ireland that’s filled with fun, friendship, food, and most importantly, Jesus
- LEADERS. Always willing to go the extra mile for the children and young people on Camp… even if it means a soaking!
- MARSHMALLOWS. What better way to end the day than with a camp fire under the stars, sharing stories from the day?
- NEFYN. Five awesome weeks of Camps on the equally awesome North Wales coast. Simply brilliant.
- OPPORTUNITIES. Try out things you’ve never done before… and take home memories that last a lifetime.
- PURBECK VENTURE. Just one of the fabulous camps that run at the epic Studland site. Once you’ve experienced a Studland Camp, you’re hooked for life!
- QUIET TIMES. Spending time digging into the Bible each day in a small group setting is a really great way to grow to understand more about the God who loves us more than we can imagine.
- RUGBY. Whatever the sport, having chance to play games (including classics like crocker) is brilliant fun. Whatever your ability, there’s always chance to join in.
- SLIDES. Definitely not the sort you’ll find in your local playground. Seriously slithery, soapy, speedy, water slides. Guaranteed adrenalin raisers.
- TENTS. There’s something uniquely special about a canvas camp*. We know this is a bit of a marmite thing for some people, but if you’ve never tried camping maybe 2020 is the year to give it a go?! (*we also run indoor camps which are equally special!)
- UNFORGETTABLE. ‘Remember when….’ Our camps are packed full of those stories you’ll be retelling for years to come.
- VOLUNTEERS. All Urban Saints Camps are run by fabulous teams of volunteers. Could 2020 be the year you join a team? Head to urbansaints.org/volunteers to find out more
- WATERFIGHTS. Always a holiday highlight. It’s pretty much guaranteed that you’ll get wet at some point on an Urban Saints Camp. And probably soak others back too :-)
- X MARKS THE SPOT. Occasionally you’ll find a treasure-seeking pirate on Camp. Don’t say we didn’t warn you!
- YMCA… Do the actions whilst kayaking. Why not?!
- ZZZZZ. At the end of an action-packed day on Camp, you’ll be grateful for your bed. And when you wake up there’ll be a whole new day of adventuring ahead.
Lou Bailey - Impact Team Leader (Camps)
Our 2020 Camps brochure is now available online or you can drop us an email if you’d like a paper copy (firstname.lastname@example.org)